We were so happy to have 22 GCA students join us for the GCA Summer Camp 2014 this year in Vancouver, BC.
The students spent a total of 3 weeks in Vancouver and went on many fun excursions and got to see many famous attractions around the city. In addition to that, the students took part in English Classes and participated
in a campus tour at University of British Columbia, Simon Fraser University, University of Victoria and British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT).
During this summer camp, the students did and saw the following:
- Visited Science World
- Watched The Journey to the Pacific IMAX Film
- Shopped at Metrotown
- Visited Granville Island
- Visited Stanley Park
- Saw the Lions Gate Bridge
- Saw the famous Totem Poels
- Relaxed on the beach at English Bay
- Shopped on the famous Robson Street
- Did a scavenger hunt at Park Royal Mall
- Conducted an interview at Lonsdale Quay
- Shopped at Richmond Centre
- Visited the Steveston Fisherman’s Wharf
- Spent the night eating and shopping at the famous Richmond Night Market
- Visited Gastown
- Saw the Main Branch of the Vancouver Public Library
- Saw the Olympic Cauldron, Canada Place and Convention Centre
- Spent the day in Victoria
- Toured the Parliament Building
- Went Bowling
- Hiked to see Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge
- Went Ice Skating
- Played Laser Tag
- Experience Indoor Rock Climbing
It was a great three weeks and we hope that the students that participated this year enjoyed it as much as we did.
Special thanks to our teachers, coordinators and student helpers: Ms. Laserna, Ms. Jackson, Kingsley, Amy, Nicole and Grace!